Crochet PomPom Hat Pattern
Welcome to my very first free crochet pattern on this blog. I am super excited about it and I can't wait to share more of my patterns with you.
This crochet hat pattern is super easy and beginner friendly as it's only about one stitch!
I used Super Bulky yarn from Lion Brand Hometown and I don't want to make any hat with different yarn than this one. Why? This yarn is super soft, warm and very nice to work with.
I also made pictures with step by step for this toque and also YouTube video tutorial if you like a visual tutorial.
If you'd like to support my work feel free to do so with purchasing printable, ad free pattern on my Etsy of this hat.
I hope you'll have fun to make this hat as much as I have and once you are done, don't hesitate to share your work with me. I am super excited to see your variations of this hat.
Leave me a comment if you like this pattern or if you have any questions or need help. :)
Alright, I think that's everything I needed to say and now, let's get started. :)
For this hat you need:
1 skein: Super Bulky (6), 10oz/284g, 162yd/148m (I used from Lion Brand Hometown value yarn)
Hook size: 10mm / N/15
Scissors, yarn needle, pompom with elastic (or any other pompom, this pattern is explained with elastic one)
9hdc x 5rows (4”x4” - 10cmx10cm)
Ch - chain
HDC - half double crochet
YO - yarn over
• Turning 2ch always count as a first HDC.
ROW 1 - First HDC into the 3rd ch from the hook (skipped 2ch counts as a first HDC). HDC in every chain until the end of the row. Ch 2 (counts as a first HDC in the next row), turn.
ROW 2 - HDC into the second stitch in the BACK loop only. (See picture #2 and #3).
HDC in every stitch in the back loop only until the end of the row. Ch2. Turn.
ROW 3 - 24 = Repeat ROW 2.
Don't forget about your last HDC into the top of turning 2ch. It is very easy to forget about the last stitch.
SEWING AND ATTACHING POMPOM:
• Secure your rectangle and leave the tail 5x long of the length of the hat.
• Make sure to have even number of the rows and have your tails on the opposite sides (beginner tail left bottom corner, longer tail right upper corner). See the picture #5
• Fold your rectangle with short sides together. Longer tail is on your right side on the opposite side.. (You can sew it with your hook or the yarn needle). Once you are on “top” (sewed that one side), secure it.
• Insert your hook in the first stitch on one side and also on the other side. YO pull up the loop (you have one loop on your hook). Then you insert the hook into the second stitch and also on the other side, YO pull up the loop and make a slip stitch.
• Sew the 2 parts up to the beginning tail. Once you sew the sides, secure it with a knot.
• Grab the yarn needle (if you sewed the sides with your hook) and with your longer tail go around in and out until you reach your beginner tail.
• Once you are at the beginning tail, pull the longer tail to tight the top of your hat. With your both tails make a double knot so you secure your top of your hat.
• Grab your pompom and put the elastic around your finger. Slide the pompom from inside of the hat to the top.
• Start with your yarn needle into the hat, then through the elastic and out through the hat again. Do it 3x and secure it with triple knot with your both tails. Then weave in your tails.
• Flip your hat with pompom out,
• Bend the edge and now your hat is ready to wear <3
This pattern and all images associated with this pattern cannot be sold or claimed as your own. Feel free to sell your finished product and you can also mention me in social media as the creator. I would really appreciate it:)